The Project 25 Technology Interest Group has published the latest list of P25 Conventional Systems.

The full list can be downloaded using the link below:

P25 Conventional Systems List October 2023

The P25 Conventional Systems List was last published in 2020 with 1,816 Systems. The new October 2023 list shows a significant 31% increase with 571 new systems identified for a total of 2,387 P25 Conventional Systems. When this total is added to PTIG’s separate list of 1,218 P25 Trunking Systems, the grand total for P25 Conventional and Trunked stands at 3,605 known P25 Systems.

The new Conventional list is organized by State and Territory and each system is Identified with a System Name. The frequency band is included and systems are divided into purely P25 digital or “Mixed mode” P25 digital and analog systems. In addition, the type of user or agency is noted.
VHF dominates the frequency bands in use with 69% of the systems. UHF follows with 21% 700/800 systems make up the remaining 10% of the total systems. Purely Digital systems are 62% of the total and Mixed Mode (Digital + Analog) are the other 38%. This is a significant change from the 2017 list where Pure P25 digital and Mixed mode were split 50/50.

freq band pie conv sys 2023

freq band growth bar conv sys 2023

 

The P25 User categories are led by Law Enforcement with 43% of the Systems. Then Federal at 22%, followed by Public Safety at 19% and Fire at 8% Finally, Military and Public Works make up the remaining user groups with 4% each.

 

User Pie Conv Sys 2023